This is a course geared towards instructors of EV3 courses and contains enough content to run a EV3 class for grade school students for about 1.5 year period. In-person 1 week training is provided to the teachers subject to licensing terms. As part of this course, you get the daily course curriculum, step by step building instructions for any robots and mechanisms, discussion points, material that students should note down and hands on student exercises along with solutions for the teachers.
This course is based on the LEGO Mindstorms Robotics platform targeted towards grades 3-8. This platform is the precursor to the FTC robotics platform targeting grades 7+ and provides you continuity across the spectrum of FIRST Robotics. LEGO Mindstorms and the LEGO Technic platform provide structural elements using flat plastic beams, pegs, Servo Motors and a variety of sensors to ensure that the robotics platform is comprehensive and gives students enough flexibility to build any mechanism they need and the means to express their creativity. The programming in this environment is primarily performed via the LEGO Mindstorms Block based programming.
There are two certification paths –
- Teacher Certification – a Teacher may take our 1 week in-person training and be certified to deliver this material in a classroom setting.
- A Team coach may take take the teacher certification course AND coach or mentor a team through at least one season of World Robotics League
- Over 150 hours of lecture material included
- Over 200+ hands on exercises with suggestions on how to vary them to provide extra credit work for motivated students
- A huge variety of mechanisms needed for classroom instruction as well as competitions. Clear step by step instructions are provided for each model showing how to build the model. A set of parts (Bill of Materials) is provided at the beginning of the each set of instructions to get the instructor ready for the class.
- Information packed practical classes starting from basics to advanced techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 72 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes